- Written by: NØTTL
I noticed a long standing issue since day one of US State and County support.
In QSL reports where the confirmation authority (LoTW, QRZ) had corrected the Grid/State/County: GridTracker was not applying the correction to the QSO record internally in all cases.
This is no way affects your logs, just how we've been representing them.
GridTracker will now properly correct these elements internally but be advised; using two confirmation authorities can and does lead to conflicting results. Therefore it is suggested to only use one confirmation authority with GridTracker.
This affects all previous version, so not upgrading to the latest will yield inaccurate Grid, US State and US County confirmations.
- BIGCTY - Update from December 5th
System - LoTW, eQSL and OQRS membership columns icon updated
System - Fixed major bug in how confirmation (QSL) records were handled
Call Roster - Returned non-slider based exceptions to the exceptions control area
Language - Updates to Chinese simplified and traditional translations
- Written by: NØTTL
We are fully aware the Audio Alerts and the Call Roster are not connected. The work done in this release allows us to work on that next. I doubt we will release anything for the rest of this year, unless there’s a serious issue that needs addressing. We hope to have the new Alert system in place by the end of January 2024.
With the new Call Roster Watcher, Exceptions and Ignore editors; we have removed the wanted Callsign Regex and in the Exceptions the “No Unknown DXCC”, “Only”, “No” and “Message Regex” as they have become redundant.
To ignore Unknown DXCC either add it in the Ignores settings or right-click the “UNKNOWN” DXCC in the roster when present and select “Ignore DXCC”.
To track “CQ VOTA” right-click it in the roster and “Add Watcher”
To ignore RTTY Roundup “CQ RU” right-click it in the roster and “Ignore CQ from All”
- BIGCTY - Update from November 29th
- System - Returned LoTW, eQSL and OQRS membership columns to log entries
- System - Fixed initial install window sizes
- Logbook Viewer - Added DXCC reset view button
- Call Roster
- New “Move Column Right” added to right-click Column header
- Fixed handling of compound callsigns
- Fixed saving of Ignored CQ zones and ITU zones
- New Settings Button (Ctrl-S)
- New Callsign / Message Watcher (Ctrl-W or Ctrl-O)
- New Exceptions Settings (Ctrl-E)
- New Ignores Editor / Viewer (Ctrl-I)
- New Columns Editor (Ctrl-C)
- Written by: NØTTL
Changelog (November 12th, 2023)
Language - Added Français and Italiano (Special thanks to HB9TIH and HB9SNR)
Language - Added Español (Special thanks to KI2D and HI8O)
DXCC - Renamed Macedonia to N. Macedonia
System - Fixed 1.25m displaying as 125cm in English
Award Tracker - Added ARRL VUCC
BIGCTY - Update from November 3rd
Map - Improved speed of mouse-over rendering and ordering
Map - Grid headers show source (Logbook or Live)
Call Roster - Fixed issue where Spot wasn’t populating correctly
Rotor - All locations can now aim on ctrl-left-click when enabled
POTA - Left-click a park (tree) on same band/mode will generate messages in WSJT-X
Lookup - Added OAMS user to details
Logging - Descriptive error if QRZ.com logging failure
Logbook Viewer - Regex enabled callsign searching
Settings - Logbook - New “Logbook Items Per Page” slider
- Written by: NØTTL
I introduced a timeout to HTTP transactions in version v1.23.1015 that has been causing issues with users on slow and non-North American connections. The timeout has been removed, sorry about that.
Thank you all for being patient with us, it’s been a long busy summer for most of the team. Only in the last week was I able to set down and work on some old issues.
We all want to give three cheers to WA4YA / DL4YA for his contribution of the two new push notification services that will send Call Roster Alerts and Off-air Message Service (OAMS) Chat messages to your mobile phone! He wrote a nice step-by-step guide that you can read here: push-notification-forwarding-to-your-phone
As many of you Windows users know, it can be a challenge to install GridTracker since we have not had the ability to code sign our Installer. Many warnings would pop-up that you had to bypass. Well thankfully our team member Beau Gunderson N7YHF has stood up to help until we can get our own code signing certificate. The Windows GridTracker installer is now code signed under his certificate. So don’t be alarmed when you get a window regarding publisher “Beau Gunderson”. Thank you Beau!
- Stephen ‘Tag’ Loomis – NØTTL
Changelog (October 19th, 2023)
- HTTP – Removed timeouts on transactions affecting log downloading and uploading
Changelog (October 15th, 2023)
- ADIF – Fixed record loading failure for PSK-Reporter if FREQ present
- WSPR – Fixed decodes not appearing
Changelog (October 14th, 2023)
Call Roster – Fixed "All Traffic/Only Wanted" filtering
Call Roster – Fixed POTA wanted same-day issue
Call Roster – Added optional "Rig" column
System – Support digital mode Q65
System – BIGCTY update from October 7th
System – Push notification services Simplepush.io and Pushover.net added (OAMS tab)
System – Swaziland renamed to Eswatini
Logging – HamZone.cn service is now HamCQ.cn
Maps – Toner (online), Terrain, Watercolor and Geography Class no longer public access
- Written by: NRØQ
- Language – added German / Deutsch
- POTA – fixed disappearing parks, removed auto RBNs
- Pin mode – added missing band pins
- Call Roster – added UTC column for easier even/odd spotting
- Call Roster – fixed “Spotted Me” exception
- Call Roster – “Uses LoTW” “Uses eQSL” “Uses OQRS” now inclusive
- Loggers – added HamZone.cn service
- OAMS – band activity sums neighboring grids correctly
- Logbook – “Working Date” now accepts time of day
- Visual Alerts – in own movable window
- Map – upgraded to OpenLayers 6.15.1, Heatmap now world-wraps
- Mac – “Full Stop” no longer spoken at startup
- Satellite – framework started for satellite tracking
- BIGCTY – update from March 19th